Instructions to access the 2022 IKCS: Europe Abstract Submission Form
All submitters are required to make a free account or login to an existing account to access the abstract submission form. At the bottom of this page click "Create Account" or "Login" to access the form.
- Regular Abstract Submission Deadline (all submissions including TPS (Trials in Progress submissions) and placeholder submissions for LBA (late-breaking data submissions) due at this time): February 2, 2022 by 23:59 GMT
- LBA (late-breaking data submission) Abstract Submission Deadline (final data, results, and conclusions for LBA (late-breaking data submission) placeholder submissions due at this time): February 28, 2022 at 23:59 PM GMT (additional instructions will be sent to lead authors who submit a completed LBA (late-breaking data submission) placeholder at the regular February 2 deadline.
- Abstract Notifications sent to first authors: Late February 2022
The title should objectively describe the study and should not include proprietary drug names.
Abstract should not be more than 300 words including title and abstract body excluding spaces, authors, and affiliations. All abstracts should be structured in four sections:
Optional Abstract Graph, Illustration, or Table: One brief graph, illustration or table is allowed and is not included in the total word count.
Authors and Affiliations
The maximum number of authors allowed is twenty. Pharmaceutical industry authors are allowed to present abstracts in non-CME sessions. If an abstract is selected for presentation in a CME-session, and the presenter has financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies, an alternate presenter will need to be identified to give the presentation. A non-named author can present a poster if written permission to do so is provided by the lead author.
Trials in Progress Abstracts
Please indicate that the abstract is from a trial in progress. Abstracts submitted in this category are ongoing and should not include outcomes data or results. TPS (trials in progress) abstracts may include:
- Abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to IV) may be submitted
- Trials in Progress abstracts are ongoing trials, open to enrollment, that have not reached any protocol-specific endpoints for analysis, and consequently will only require the completion of the Background and Trial Design (Methods) sections.
- If endpoint data are to be presented, please submit under the "Regular Abstract" category
Late-breaking Data Submission Abstracts
Please indicate that the abstract is a late-breaking data submission. Abstracts submitted in this category must have a placeholder submission (all components except for Results and Conclusions submitted by the regular abstract submission deadline). LBA (late-breaking data submission) abstracts should be studies where results and conclusions are not yet available by the regular abstract submission deadline, but will be available by the February 28, 2022 LBA (late-breaking data submission) deadline. Late-breaking data submissions may include:
- Abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to IV) may be submitted.
- Any abstract submitted as a late-breaking data submission is a study that has not reached specific endpoints for analysis, and consequently will only require the completion of the Background and Methods sections at the time of the regular abstract deadline. Data/Results, and Conclusions should be provided by February 28, 2022.
- Authors will be provided with instructions to complete their LBA (late-breaking data submissions) abstract submissions to include data, results, and conclusions by the LBA (late-breaking data submission) deadline of February 28, 2022.
- Any LBAs (late-breaking data submissions) not completed by the February 28 LBA (late-breaking data submission) deadline will be automatically withdrawn.
Abstracts in the following categories will also be considered for presentation:
- Basic Science
- Disparities in Cancer, Care, and Access
- Impact of COVID-19
- Patient-reported Outcomes
- Prevention and Screening
- Quality of Care and Quality Improvement
- Real-World Evidence
- Treatment Toxicities and Symptom Management
- Tumor Biology, Biomarkers, and Pathology
Abstract Selection Process and Presentation
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the IKCS: Europe Scientific Program Committee.
- All accepted abstracts are encouraged to present in person at 2022 IKCS: Europe taking place April 22-24, 2022 in Antwerp, Belgium. Accepted abstracts will be displayed at the live meeting throughout the entirety of 2022 IKCS: Europe.
- All accepted abstract presenters should submit presentations for both onsite and electronic presentation. In the event the presenting author and no coauthors can attend the meeting, presentations must be shipped to the meeting venue for onsite presentation and must be uploaded for electronic presentation.
- All Abstract Presenters must register for the conference. Merit Award recipients will be eligible for complimentary meeting registration. Additional details are available below.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Kidney Cancer Journal
Merit Awards for Best Abstracts Submitted
The IKCS Scientific Program Committee will select authors of submitted abstracts to receive a merit award for the best original submissions.
- First place: $500
- Second place: $250
- Third place: $100
Please note: Trials in Progress and previously-presented (encore) presentations will not be eligible to receive the merit awards. Only abstract submissions featuring new, never before presented data, are eligible for selection.
Submission deadline is February 2, 2022 at 23:59 GMT.
Accepted abstract authors will be notified in late February 2022.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.