The Kidney Cancer Association is pleased to announce applications for both its Young Investigator Awards (YIAs) and Advanced Discovery Awards (ADAs) will open March 18, 2020.
A total of $1.3 million in funding will be available:
- Four $75,000 YIAs
- Two $500,000 ADAs
Applications for Letters of Intent (LOIs) for the ADA awards will be accepted March 18 to May 20. Invitation for Full Proposals for ADA awards will be sent on June 10 and the deadline for Full Proposals is August 5. Full Proposals for YIA awards will be accepted March 18 to August 5. LOIs for YIA awards are not required. Recipients will be announced in fall 2020.
The priority research areas that emerged as a result of the KCA’s Think Tank: Coalition for a Cure, held last fall in conjunction with the 18th International Kidney Cancer Symposium, included cure or durable therapeutic response, improved screening and surveillance, neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment strategies, and non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
YIAs encourage promising researchers in urology and clinical oncology who are planning to pursue an investigative career in kidney cancer. ADAs, which were established in 2019, promote collaboration between established clinicians and scientists to propose new, impactful research.
All grant proposals will be evaluated by an independent panel of reviewers, who are recognized experts in the field. They will conduct a blinded, scored review of all applications received.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
The title should objectively describe the study and should not include proprietary drug names. Abstracts should not be more than 250 words including title and abstract body excluding spaces, authors, and affiliations. One brief graph, illustration or table is allowed and is not included in the total word count. All abstracts should be structured in four sections:
Authors and Affiliations
The maximum number of authors allowed is twenty. Academic degrees and professional positions (such as Medical Director) should not be included. Pharmaceutical industry authors are allowed to present abstracts. A non-named author can present a poster if written permission to do so is provided by the lead author.
“Trials in Progress” Abstracts
Please indicate that the abstract is from a trial in progress. Abstracts submitted in this category are ongoing and should not include outcomes data or results. You may include:
- Abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted
- Any abstract submitted as a trial in progress are ongoing trials, open to enrollment, that have not reached any protocol-specific endpoints for analysis, and consequently will only require the completion of the Background and Trial Design sections.
- If endpoint data are to be presented, please submit under the "Abstracts of Clinical Trials with Results to be Presented" category
Abstracts in the following categories will also be considered for presentation:
- Basic science (preclinical research)
- Health economic outcomes research (HEOR)
- Case series of ≥5 patients (case series of <5 patients and single-patient case reports are not accepted)
- Encore presentations (poster must include where it was originally presented)
- Late-breaking abstracts
- Literature reviews
- Research abstracts funded by for-profit organizations, including biotech and pharma
- Clinical trials with results
Abstract Selection Process
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the EIKCS Scientific Program Committee.
- Abstracts are currently accepted only for poster presentation which includes a 3 minute recorded presentation for the virtual poster hall. The KCA will provide a template for the presentation.
Abstract Submission Timeline
- Submission deadline is Friday 26 February 2021 at 11:59 PM GMT.
- Acceptances will be sent out the week of 15 March 2021.
- Three-minute presentations will be recorded between 22 March 2021 and 5 April 2021.
- All abstracts will be live on the virtual platform when the symposium opens on Friday 23 April 2021.
For any questions, please email Courtney Firak at firstname.lastname@example.org