The Kidney Cancer Association is pleased to begin accepting applications for its 4 Young Investigator Awards (YIAs), 2 Advanced Discovery Awards (ADAs), and (New!) Psychosocial Focus Award. LOI Applications open March 1, 2021 and will close April 29, 2021.
Total funding available:
- Four $75,000 Young Investigator Awards (YIA)
- One $75,000 Psychosocial Focus Award
- Two $500,000 Advanced Discovery Awards (ADA)
Timeline for the Application and Granting Process:
March 1, 2021: Call for Letters of Intent
April 29, 2021: Final Day to submit Letters of Intent
May 27, 2021: Final Day that Meritorious LOI Proposals will be notified to proceed with
preparation and submission of a full proposal for evaluation
July 15, 2021: Final Day to submit Full Proposal for academic review
September 27, 2021: The winning research teams will be notified and announced publicly
October 7, 2021: Initial awards of $250,000 distributed to award winners
October 7, 2022: Progress Report on 1st year of research progress due. If deemed
meritorious, the second allotment of $250,000 will be dispersed
October 7, 2023: Final Progress Report Due
Please view the applications below for additional information. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The title should objectively describe the study and should not include proprietary drug names. Abstracts should not be more than 250 words including title and abstract body excluding spaces, authors, and affiliations. One brief graph, illustration or table is allowed and is not included in the total word count. All abstracts should be structured in four sections:
Authors and Affiliations
The maximum number of authors allowed is twenty. Academic degrees and professional positions (such as Medical Director) should not be included. Pharmaceutical industry authors are allowed to present abstracts. A non-named author can present a poster if written permission to do so is provided by the lead author.
“Trials in Progress” Abstracts
Please indicate that the abstract is from a trial in progress. Abstracts submitted in this category are ongoing and should not include outcomes data or results. You may include:
- Abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted
- Any abstract submitted as a trial in progress are ongoing trials, open to enrollment, that have not reached any protocol-specific endpoints for analysis, and consequently will only require the completion of the Background and Trial Design sections.
- If endpoint data are to be presented, please submit under the "Abstracts of Clinical Trials with Results to be Presented" category
Abstracts in the following categories will also be considered for presentation:
- Basic science (preclinical research)
- Health economic outcomes research (HEOR)
- Case series of ≥5 patients (case series of <5 patients and single-patient case reports are not accepted)
- Encore presentations (poster must include where it was originally presented)
- Late-breaking abstracts
- Literature reviews
- Research abstracts funded by for-profit organizations, including biotech and pharma
- Clinical trials with results
Abstract Selection Process and Presentation
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the IKCS Scientific Program Committee.
- All accepted abstracts are encouraged to present their posters in person at IKCS 2021 and will receive complimentary registration for the conference. Accepted abstracts will be displayed at the live meeting throughout the entirety of IKCS 2021. During the networking reception and poster walk to be held the evening of Friday, November 5th. Poster presenters are encouraged to be onsite for this event to answer any questions about their abstract.
- Abstracts accepted for oral presentation as part of the IKCS 2021 agenda will receive complimentary registration and a travel award.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Kidney Cancer Journal
Merit Awards for Best Abstracts Submitted
The IKCS Scientific Program Committee will select authors of submitted abstracts to receive a merit award for the best original submissions.
- First place: $500
- Second place: $250
- Third place: $100
Please note: Encore presentations will not be eligible to receive the merit awards.
Submission deadline is September 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Accepted abstract authors will be notified the week of October 4th.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.